· Le Best of
· Messages Privés
· Photos
· Recherches
· Sondages
· Téléchargements
· Votre Compte

Qui est online?
Il y a pour le moment 164 invité(s) et 0 membre(s) en ligne.

Vous êtes un visiteur anonyme. Vous pouvez vous enregistrer gratuitement en cliquant ici.

Language
Selectionnez la langue de l'interface:

English French

Partenaires

TennisMagazine

Le Coq Sportif

RichardGasquet.net :: Voir le sujet - Articles/News about Richard
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Articles/News about Richard
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 09.06.2005, 01:22:59    Sujet du message: Articles/News about Richard Répondre en citant

I got this idea from MTF to have a thread where we just post news stories about Richard (past and present). It can be interviews, questions, stories, even stories that mention him a bit.

Its nice to look back at some things about him and see how far he has progressed.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 09.06.2005, 01:24:03    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I'll start Very Happy

From a dictionary link online: http://www.explore-dictionary.com/dictionary/R/Richard_Gasquet.html

Richard Gasquet (18 June, 1986, Béziers) is a French tennis player.

In April, 2002, Gasquet made his debut on the ATP tour at the Tennis Masters Series tournament at Monte Carlo where he received a wild card into qualifying and became youngest player ever to qualify for a Tennis Masters event. At 15 years, 10 months, he defeated Argentina's Franco Squillari in the first round of that tournament to become the youngest player to win a tour-level main draw match since Tommy Ho at Rye Brook in 1988. He made his Grand Slam tournament debut at the 2002 French Open at the age of 15 years, 11 months, nine days (second-youngest player ever to compete in main draw) in Paris. Gasquet finished 2002 as No. 1 junior in the world and was named World Junior Champion, having won the junior titles at French Open and the US Open. He was also the youngest player to finish in year-end ATP top 200.

Gasquet finished 2003 as the youngest player to finish a year inside the ATP top 100.

In 2004, Gasquet reached his first ATP tournament final at Metz. He also won the mixed doubles trophy at the French Open, teaming with Tatiana Golovin.

In April, 2005, Gasquet reached the semifinals of the Masters Series tournament at Monte Carlo, handing world number one Roger Federer in the quarterfinals a shock defeat in the process. As a result, he became the youngest French player ever to defeat a world number one.

Gasquet used to cheer for Andre Agassi and even kept a picture of Agassi on his wall. Fresh off of a huge win over Roger Federer and having just demolished Paradorn Srichapan in straight sets, it must have been nerves that caused the rising teen to lose against Agassi 6-2 6-3 at Rome's Masters tennis tournment.

A month after he had reached the semifinal of the Monte Carlo Masters, he reached the final of another ATP Masters tournamant, the [Hamburg Masters]where he was defeated by Roger Federer.

Singles Finalist (2)
* 2004: Metz (lost to Jerome Haehnel)
2005: Hamburg AMS (lost to Roger Federer)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 09.06.2005, 01:28:21    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Richard Gasquet: Tennis-X 5 Questions

By Richard Vach, Senior Writer Tennis-X.com

Tennis-X sat down with talented French teen Richard Gasquet following his three-set win over Nicolas Massu this week at the Masters Series Hamburg. With his win on Saturday, Gasquet is set to take on Roger Federer in the final in Hamburg in the biggest match of his young career.

The gangly giant-killer touched on the wildcards he should perhaps be receiving, and dealing with the pressure of being "next" in French tennis.

Since Gasquet is still getting a grasp on his English, this interview was translated from French.

Tennis-X: Has your win over Roger Federer earlier during the claycourt season elevated your confidence level, or do you feel your confidence is the same?

Gasquet: Yeah it gave me a lot of confidence to beat the No. 1 player in the world, it means you should be able to beat everyone behind him, so it's given me confidence.

X: You've qualified for a number of tournaments already this year, does paying your dues like this help develop your game, as opposed to getting wildcards all the time?

Gasquet: It's true, I could have probably got a wildcard into Monte Carlo, and I probably deserved one, but you play the qualies and that meant I was ready when I started the main draw having three matches won.

X: When is a Davis Cup debut for France realistic?

Gasquet: It's impossible to tell, it's not in my hands. Hopefully I'll be selected the next time.

X: Federer made the comment about your pro debut years ago and the intense pressure you faced, is that pressure still as intense?

Gasquet: Of course you always have a lot of pressure, especially at home in France. There are high expectations in Monte Carlo and especially at Roland Garros, but it is good for French tennis to have high expectations, so it is alright.

X: How much support do you receive from the current top French players, and who are you particularly close to?

Gasquet: We're all very close, were all good friends. Of course being young I am closer to the players from my generation where I come from, players like (Gael) Monfils, but we are friendly with the other players and it is good.

In his 2002 rookie year a 16-year-old Gasquet stoked French expectations by becoming the youngest player to finish in the Top 200 on the ATP Rankings; winning a challenger, two futures titles, and becoming the youngest player to qualify for a Masters Series event at Monte Carlo. Entering 2005 the French teen had yet to crack the Top 75, but earlier this year shocked world No. 1 Roger Federer at Monte Carlo. Special thanks to the ATP's Simon Higson for translation assistance.
ZeldaSheik
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 09.06.2005, 21:09:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

hi !! Do you have this articles translated in french? because i don't understand very well !!! and these things are useful for my apresentation !! Smile
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Messenger
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 10.06.2005, 01:08:16    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

All these articles were originally in English

sorry, maybe you could use an online translator system?
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 10.06.2005, 01:26:29    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

SLICK GASQUET

Roddick hopes this week to emulate Lleyton Hewitt and John McEnroe who both won a hat-trick of Stella Artois titles. He will play either French seventh seed Sebastien Grosjean, whom he beat in each of the last two Queen's finals, or American James Blake in the last eight.

Tenth seed Gasquet, who has never progressed beyond the first round at Queen's, took a significant pre-Wimbledon scalp to show he can translate his impressive claycourt form on to the slicker surface.

The 18-year-old, who reached the Hamburg Masters final last month, edged the first set against Ancic.

After a second set lapse Gasquet dominated the decider to set up a quarter-final against fourth-seeded Czech Radek Stepanek who downed Briton Greg Rusedski 6-3 7-6.

"It was hard but I recovered well in the third set," said Gasquet.

-Reuters
cheska
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 10.06.2005, 15:05:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I got this from an Australian Tennis Magazine but it was published october 2003. They profiled some of the up and coming players and richard was one of them...alongside nadal, sharapova and kuznetsova, just to name a few...so here it goes...

Frenchman Richard Gasquet has also made it clear that he's not only one to look out for in teh future, but one to watch now. The 17-year-old proved the point at the Australian Open lead-in event, the Commonwealth Bank International at Kooyong.

Gasquet defeated Moroccan Younes El Aynaoui before stretching current World No. 4 Andre Agassi to three sets.

"For a long time I think we will see him getting better each day he steps on to court." said Agassi after his win over Gasquet. "I could have lost in two little stes. It was that close. He was hitting very strong, very consistent an dit was very hard for me to protect or cover my court.

"He has a lot of game. Pointed in the right direction he can accomplish some great things. He will get bigger, stronger...learn from his strengths."

Tournament director Colin Stubs had an idea of what the fans would be in for when he selected the teenager to fill a vacant position.

"He is, by far, the most talented and exciting young players I have seen for some time," said Stubs, who has been around the traps for many years. "Having seen him play a couple of times, I think he's any exceptional talent."

Gasquet became the youngest ever player, at 16 years old, to finishd inside the 2002 year-end top200. That 'youngest' record slotted in nicely beside his already impressive list of 'youngests', which includes the youngest player to qualify for a Tennis Masters Series event, and the youngest player, at 15, to wina a tournament level match in more that a decade.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Yahoo Messenger
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 10.06.2005, 21:21:45    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

thanks!!! Very Happy
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 10.06.2005, 21:29:08    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=958606

Olé is the biggest sports newspaper here, talks about when Richard won against Federer
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 10.06.2005, 21:33:20    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

http://www.ole.clarin.com/jsp/v3/pagina.jsp?pagId=976700

before playing Hamburg final

sorry the articles are in spanish, I'm not at home right now and I don't have the time to translate them... if you want me to translate them, just tell me and I would translate them at home
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camus
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 11.06.2005, 01:18:16    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

mensch, i'm too lazy to get articles..
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Yahoo Messenger
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 11.06.2005, 16:38:11    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

No problem for the articles being in Spanish. Good practice for me since I have my Spanish regents on Friday (the day before Richard's brithday).

Gracias!
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 11.06.2005, 21:22:17    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sweet4Richard a écrit:
No problem for the articles being in Spanish. Good practice for me since I have my Spanish regents on Friday (the day before Richard's brithday).

Gracias!

De Nada!
tell me if you need any help Smile
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 12.06.2005, 03:13:22    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

so kind of you to offer! thanks!

I am just reading some practice exams at home and going over vocabulary word groups. I've taken some practice listening and reading and I've gotten perfect scores so hopefully it will be the same on Friday.

OO, I am also hoping that in the reading section there something about a tennis player. They have a lot of football ones and even some tennis. I know if there is a tennis player one on the test I will be sure to ace it, Laughing
cheska
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 13.06.2005, 04:50:31    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

i got this from the nottingham official site...

Young French Tennis Stars Confirm For Nottingham
Today (Friday, 6th May) organisers of the 10tele.com Open received confirmation that two of the rising stars of world tennis, the 18 year-old Frenchmen, Richard Gasquet and Gael Monfils will compete in Nottingham between 13th-18th June. Both players are regarded by many as among the brightest young prospects on the world tennis tour.

Gasquet, ranked no.59 in the world, won a tournament earlier this year in Barletta, Napoli. However, it was the 6ft tall, right hand players recent defeat of world no.1 Roger Federer (Switzerland) at the ATP Masters Series Monte Carlo that arguably highlighted the world class credentials of the Frenchman.

In what was the first ever competitive match between the two players, Gasquet won his quarter-final encounter 6-7, 6-2, 7-6.

Renowned for his speed and strong baseline strokes, the 2002 world junior number one reached his first ATP final (l/Haehnel) in Metz last year. In 2003, ranked world no.93, he finished the year as the youngest player (aged 17) within the world's top 100.

His compatriot and fellow rising star, Gael Monfils (world no.79) has entered the qualifying rounds (11th-12th June) for the 10tele.com Open. Monfils, the 2004 world junior number one, only turned professional last year after winning three of the four junior Grand Slam events (see below).

Currently ranked 79th in the world, since last year he has moved up over 700 places in the Indesit ATP entry ranking system. Earlier this year, the 6ft 3, right-hander secured his first major tournament win in Besancon, Tunis.

Patrick Hughesman, tournament director for The 10tele.com Open expressed his delight that Richard Gasquet and Gael Monfils will be in Nottingham in less than six weeks time.

Hughesman said; "Richard Gasquet has made a big impression on the circuit over the last few months, most notably by defeating Roger Federer, the world no.1 in Monte Carlo.

He's an exciting prospect; one of the young rising stars of the world tour." Hughesman added: "Gael Monfils is another young player who has captured the imagination of the tennis public. I'm sure both these players will be aiming to play well in Nottingham and stay hot on the heels of another young star, Rafael Nadal of Spain.

With the likes of world no.14 Ivan Ljubicic (Croatia) and world no.18, Thomas Johansson (Sweden) already confirmed for 13th June, the 10tele.com Open will definitely be offering tennis fans world class tennis this summer."

Player Profiles

Richard Gasquet (France) (gas-KAY)
• Indesit ATP entry ranking: 59
• 2005: Defeated world no.1, Roger Federer (Switzerland) in Q/F in ATP
Masters Series Monte Carlo. Lost in semi-final.
• 2005: Won title in Barletta, Napoli
• 2004: Reached first ATP final (Metz, lost to Haehnel)
• 2003: Finished year as youngest player (at 17) in year-end top 100
(ranked 93rd).
• 2002: World Junior Champion and World Junior No.1
• 2002: Youngest player (at 16) to finish in year-end top 200. Won
two Futures titles and one Challenger crown.
• Coached by Francis (father) and Eric Deblicker.
• Began playing tennis at the age of four at his father's tennis club
in Serignan.
• Talent was 'discovered' by former ATP professional Pierre Barthes.

Entered for 10tele.com Open qualifying rounds (11th-12th June)
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Suivante
Page 1 sur 60

Sauter vers: