· Le Best of
· Messages Privés
· Photos
· Recherches
· Sondages
· Téléchargements
· Votre Compte

Qui est online?
Il y a pour le moment 177 invité(s) et 0 membre(s) en ligne.

Vous êtes un visiteur anonyme. Vous pouvez vous enregistrer gratuitement en cliquant ici.

Language
Selectionnez la langue de l'interface:

English French

Partenaires

TennisMagazine

Le Coq Sportif

RichardGasquet.net :: Voir le sujet - Roland Garros 2015
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Roland Garros 2015
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
blazer
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 01.06.2015, 19:05:20    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I wasnt expected him to win at all. In terms of the groundstrokes in no way am I talking about the physical aspect (and on that note Richard seems fit which is great) but its the mindset. A 100 % fit Richard or any player is never going to trouble djokovic playing that far back from the baseline. I'm annoyed that Richard didnt even try anything different to what he always does against the very best and gets demolished. If you always do what you have always done you'l always get what you always got.

To me the serve is the biggest problem, If Richards serve was a real weapon,i'm convinced he is a top 10-15 player because even when playing that far back Richard's groundstrokes are as good as many superior players. I really hope Richard, sergi and seb take some lessons out of this abou the serve and his approach to the best. Richard trys to defend against the best defenders in the game giving him absolutely no chance.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
amurti
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 01.06.2015, 21:24:12    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I agree Blazer. I also did not think Richard would win today but felt his attitude was one from the past when playing the top 4-5 players. I will say it again that it is lack of confidence and nothing more. Richard just does not play well when playing the top guys. I think I am more annoyed at reading all the articles, tweets and face book comments trashing Richard after the match that I had to respond to all defending him. Actually most were relating to an interview where Richard mentioned that he preferred a nadal federer match because a Murray/Djokovic match would be boring - so I have spent a few hours defending him and how nice he was in the article. Actually, he is right when stating a Murray/Djokovic match is boring tennis. So I guess most fans jumped on it and gave Richard a trashing.

A better performance than last year so on to the next tournament and hopefully a good grass court season for Richard.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
DBR
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 02.06.2015, 10:15:21    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Blazer and Amurti, I could not disagree more.

Richard's attitude in this match was excellent. He fought from start to finish and never gave up. Even Sergi has said this in an interview today.

The score was not severe because Richard stood there and did nothing, it was because Djokovic is a wall to play against - winners have to be extraordinary to get past him as his defence is incredible.

Richard was trying to play nearer the baseline and take the ball earlier but the speed of Djokovic's return is so fast that he mistimed a number of balls. Richard tried to go for his shots more, but the lack of time Djokovic gave him on the ball, pushed up his number of forced and unforced errors.
Many times Richard hit a shot which would have been a winner against most players, and Djokovic either hit a spectacular winner of his own, or got back into the rally and then dominated.

But don't confuse this with Richard not trying or having a bad attitude. The hotshot of the day - where Richard ran from one side of the court to the other before hitting a spectacular forehand winner down the line - showed 2 things very clearly in my opinion: Richard never gave up trying, and his winners had to be showreel worthy to get past Djokovic.

The low percentage of Richard's 1st serve was because he was being forced to go for too much on serve as Djokovic was winning between 60-70% of rallies on Richard's 2nd serve.

It's easy to say Richard needs to serve with more power or speed, but how exactly is this to be achieved overnight? He is not 2 metres tall, and we need to remember he has a herniated disc in his back & that only a few weeks ago he was still crippled and we had no idea when or if he would play again.

He has made extraordinary progress in the past few weeks, and we would all have signed for him to make the 2nd week of RG before the tournament, and play these 4 long matches without pain. They are working hard every day to strengthen his back and make his serve stronger, but this will not happen overnight. Expecting Richard to suddenly start serving like Karlovic or Isner is just not realistic.

And finally, we must not underestimate who Richard was playing against yesterday. Djokovic is still under the shadow of Federer and Nadal, but make no mistake - in 5 years time, Djokovic will be a serious contender for the greatest player of all time. There is every possibility that when Federer and Nadal retire, he will win many more slams and surpass Federer's total.

Even right now, there is no argument Djokovic is currently the greatest player in the world by a long way. And if you need any more proof of just how much better he is, he currently has almost double the number of ranking points as Andy Murray.
blazer
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 02.06.2015, 16:22:25    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

DBR I understand why you are defending Richard but I haven't criticized him in the way you suggest. I never said he didn't fight, I thought he fought valiantly if you look at the amount of break points he saved.

Secondly, he was clearly more aggressive than usual but if you look at pictures of the match on RG Website, highlights of the match etc you will see the bulk of his play and his general approach to the match was to stand 10ft behind the baseline and play with looping spin, which might lengthen rallies slightly but just means he's getting pushed around all day and has no chance. My point was that if you are playing a player who is arguably playing at the highest level of any player ever who you cannot even challenge without hugging the baseline, flattening out the ball and taking some major risks then why take your usual approach?

As for the serve Richard is going on 29 now and he was hitting much harder serves when he was 21. Maybe shoulder injuries have hampered him but the fact of the matter is Richard needs to add a good 10mph to his serve at least to challenge the big boys.
DBR
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 02.06.2015, 17:19:39    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

blazer a écrit:
DBR I understand why you are defending Richard but I haven't criticized him in the way you suggest. I never said he didn't fight, I thought he fought valiantly if you look at the amount of break points he saved.

Secondly, he was clearly more aggressive than usual but if you look at pictures of the match on RG Website, highlights of the match etc you will see the bulk of his play and his general approach to the match was to stand 10ft behind the baseline and play with looping spin, which might lengthen rallies slightly but just means he's getting pushed around all day and has no chance. My point was that if you are playing a player who is arguably playing at the highest level of any player ever who you cannot even challenge without hugging the baseline, flattening out the ball and taking some major risks then why take your usual approach?

As for the serve Richard is going on 29 now and he was hitting much harder serves when he was 21. Maybe shoulder injuries have hampered him but the fact of the matter is Richard needs to add a good 10mph to his serve at least to challenge the big boys.

Blazer, I am defending Richard because I believe the points you and Amurti made are not correct. Amurti thought Richard didn't try and you thought he was too defensive. I responded to both of you in one message.

As for the highlights, there are less than 2 minutes worth of points on the RG website, which is hardly a scientific basis for any true reflection of his patterns of play in a 2 hour match. And I already know what I have seen in the course of the whole match, I watched the whole thing.

Secondly, even if you just watch these highlights, Richard is clearly not 10 feet behind the baseline all the time as you suggest. On more than half the points he is close to the baseline. And when he is pushed back, it is by the depth of Djokovic's ball. If it was easy to be aggressive and bully Djokovic around the court, everyone would be doing it and Nole would not be the world no 1 by such a considerable margin.

As for Richard's serve, he had well documented shoulder problems before he ever had a herniated disc and Maigne's syndrome. He wasn't even able to practice 5 or 6 weeks ago, and has missed nearly 2 months of this season through injury. It's just ridiculous to me that you now expect him to be regularly hitting 200kph serves, or whatever arbitrary figure you think is good enough.

He is in recovery, he is rebuilding his back and still has work to do and further progress to make. But he has won a title and reached the 4th round of a slam just a few weeks into his comeback. I am thrilled with this, and I honestly don't know what more anyone could have expected. The speed of his progress and the quality of his play so quickly after so many weeks out, has exceeded my expectations by a long way.
blazer
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 02.06.2015, 20:02:58    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Fair enough, As i said I definitely can't fault Richards effort and his mental strength but I think we should agree to disagree about Richards approach to the match we clearly interpreted it differently.

As for the serve i wasnt expecting him to serve faster I am just frustrated with it and would love to know if Richard is working on increasing speed. He can only close the gap and threaten the top guys if he does. As for his approach Richard is often criticized for playing deep with heavy topsin which against most players is too much consistency for them to handle.Against the best players though they just jump all over him and move him around and the outcome is inevitable. I saw that approach yesterday.

Just look at Wawrinka, he hits flat so if he is on a good day he can trouble or even blow away the best players, and he can serve his way out of trouble. Richard's backhand is as good as Wawrinka's and he has much more variety. Richard could emulate or even surpass stan if he worked on these aspects.
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 02.06.2015, 21:36:52    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I am with DBR, as I pointed out yesterday, one simply has to remember where Richard was two months ago with his back problems. And we will see tomorrow how Nadal fares against Djokovic.

Richard looks optimistic in his postmatch interview, pleased with his health and motivated for the grass season. For those of you who read French:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actualites/Richard-gasquet-comme-au-ping-pong/563370

Edit: thee more games, but only one point more won.
amurti
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 07.06.2015, 04:46:02    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Totally understand Richard is returning from injury and I am happy to see him back playing. As a fan I always want Richard to win.
amurti
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 09.06.2015, 03:44:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I always thought Richard was a better player than Wawrinka and now Wawrinka has won 2 grand slams - I'm delighted for him.

Again I will repeat, it is nothing more than confidence.. Richard also said in a recent statement that he lacks confidence in some situations and I believe this is when playing the top 5. Hopefully, Richard will pass this wall as did Wawrinka.

I agree with all your recent comments, we all have opinions, and my opinion is that it's a lack of confidence that's the issue here, nothing more because I'm sure you all agree that Richard has the game to win A GRAND SLAM.

Regardless if he wins one or not, I am his fan forever. Good luck to Richard in the grass season and I hope he is feeling good and ready.

Very Happy
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2
Page 2 sur 2

Sauter vers: