· Le Best of
· Messages Privés
· Photos
· Recherches
· Sondages
· Téléchargements
· Votre Compte

Qui est online?
Il y a pour le moment 163 invité(s) et 0 membre(s) en ligne.

Vous êtes un visiteur anonyme. Vous pouvez vous enregistrer gratuitement en cliquant ici.

Language
Selectionnez la langue de l'interface:

English French

Partenaires

TennisMagazine

Le Coq Sportif

RichardGasquet.net :: Voir le sujet - Tennis News
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Tennis News
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante

Ce forum est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Tennis in general
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 24.06.2006, 18:43:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I was just going to post that Daniela. You beat me to it! Smile

Press Conference: Agassi Announces Retirement

Below is an excerpt from a transcript - courtesy of ASAP Sports - of Andre Agassi's press conference in which he announced he would retire after this year's US Open.

ANDRE AGASSI: Yeah, it's been a lot of sacrifices the last few months trying to get myself right to come back here and enjoy this tournament for the last time. It's something that's meant a lot to me over the years, being here, to compete. It feels great but it's been a long road this year for me and for a lot of reasons. It's great to be here. This Wimbledon will be my last, and the US Open will be my last tournament.

Q. Is this a decision you've come to in the last few weeks?
ANDRE AGASSI: Yeah, the last few months, it's been a long time thinking for me, as I've had the time, unfortunately, to sort of take stock in a lot of things. You know, after the US Open last year, I had a lot of reasons to be motivated to shoot for another successful year, but for many reasons, that hasn't been the case and I wanted to do everything I could just to get back here.
And this is where it all started for me, my dreams. It really started here. So I wanted to make sure I made the right decisions to get myself ready for this championship and to hopefully carry me through the summer.

Q. When did you come to the decision?
ANDRE AGASSI: It's been a few months now. We sort of waited till now to say something, because it's only right that I say it in the place that it all started.

Q. What were the factors that weighed for retirement, that you weighed?
ANDRE AGASSI: Well, I'm only sort of laying out a timeline, really. There's still a lot of fight left in me from here through the Open. You know, there's been a lot of factors, you know, but I've done this for 20-plus years, and I want to be out there feeling like I'm right, physically and mentally and all of the above. I don't know if I can think of words to sort of apply, but I'm sure you do; that's how I feel about it.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 12.07.2006, 20:30:58    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Puerta Ban Reduced to Two Years

Mariano Puerta's ban for failing a doping test after the 2005 French Open has been cut from eight years to two.
The Argentine, who served a nine-month ban in 2003 for taking banned anabolic steroid clenbuterol, tested positive again for etilefrine in June 2005.

An International Tennis Federation tribunal in December imposed an eight-year ban from 5 June, 2005.

But the Court of Arbitration for Sport has reduced this to two years, allowing Puerta, 27, to play from 5 June, 2007.

When it was announced on 21 December, Puerta's ban was the longest in tennis history at eight years.

Puerta had claimed the drug entered his body just before the 2005 final after he inadvertently used a glass that had previously been used by his wife, who takes a treatment containing etilefrine.

The ITF panel concluded at the time that Puerta had failed to exercise "utmost caution" but added that "his fault was not significant".

A ban of eight years was still imposed, however, as it was in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code's sanction regarding a second offence.

Puerta described the eight-year ban as "extraordinary" and appealed to Cas, which stated in its ruling on Wednesday that the ITF and Wada "did not provide for the case of an athlete guilty of two non-significant offences".

As a result, Cas said it would fill this gap "by imposing on the player a sanction proportionate to the faults committed.

"Therefore, the player has been disqualified from the French Open 2005 and suspended for a period of two years starting on 5 June 2005 until 4 June 2007."

*BBC Sport: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4550758.stm
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 13.07.2006, 12:07:02    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I was going to post that Wink

I'm so happy about Mariano, I wasn't happy with the "we know it wasn't intentional that's why we give him an 8 year ban instead of a life ban" thing (doping system Rolling Eyes )

Mariano Very Happy
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aimee
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 14.07.2006, 15:32:32    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

me too - 8 years for a player as lod as him is practically life in terms of competitiove tennis anyway!!!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 15.07.2006, 17:33:49    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

On-Court Coach Experiment Planned
Players will be allowed to consult their coaches on court as part of an experiment being tried out by the Women's Tennis Association.
The trial will take place at tournaments in Montreal and New Haven, Connecticut in August.

Players will be able to consult their coach once per set as well as at the end of sets.

"It will be really interesting for players and fans," said former US Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova.

"I think fans will enjoy this new element and I know that as players we're interested to see how it works."

If a player takes a medical or bathroom break, only the opposing player may request her coach.

Breaks called while a set is in progress will only take place during the time allowed during changeovers, to avoid delays in play.

BBC Sport * http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5181108.stm

Thoughts Question
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 16.07.2006, 01:21:55    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I think it's a good idea if it doesn't create a delay, otherwise it would be annoying and some players could take advantage of that.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 25.07.2006, 17:00:53    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Connors agrees to coach Roddick

Former world number one Andy Roddick has hired fellow American Jimmy Connors as his new coach. Roddick, 23, fired his previous coach Dean Goldfine in February and initially approached Connors about linking up after this year's French Open in May.

Connors, 53, who topped the rankings for three years from 1974-77, said: "I never thought I would coach a player.

"Andy has the passion and emotion. I don't have to instill that in him. My job is to make him the best he can be."

Connors added: "His record speaks for himself. It is not major surgery here.

"Andy does what he does well. I would like to try and give him a little bit of what made me what I was. He can suck that up like a sponge.

"It's not his game, it's the intangibles. He wants to be number one and will do anything that it takes."

Roddick reached his first final of the year at last week's Indianapolis Open, before losing in three sets to James Blake.

He admits he lost confidence during his barren run, saying: "I felt like I was going into matches hoping something good was going to happen instead of working hard and making good things happen.

"I reached out to Jimmy after the French Open and we talked at Wimbledon, then l lost (in the third round).

"We decided to give it a four-to-five day trial and it clicked. We both clicked. We worked hard."

Connors is working with Roddick at this week's Mercedes Benz Open in Los Angeles.

"It means a lot when someone who's won as much as Jimmy has says he has belief in you," added Roddick.

"I'm pretty excited that I get to pick his brain on a more regular basis."

*BBC Tennis http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5212250.stm
gulzhan
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 25.07.2006, 19:35:07    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Wow! Thanks for the news, Sinead! I am happy for Andy! He does need a coach badly. Have no idea what a coach Connors will make, he had a temper as far as I remember.... We shall live and see. At any rate, it's good that Andy has found some one! Very Happy

Comon, Andy, cheer up!!!! Very Happy
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 26.07.2006, 03:19:53    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

gulzhan a écrit:
I am happy for Andy! He does need a coach badly. We shall live and see. At any rate, it's good that Andy has found some one! Very Happy

I couldn't agree more. I think Jimmy could be the best thing for Andy. Before the Indy tournament, Andy worked for a week with Jimmy to see how things would work between them and there was already a difference in Andy's game. Not only did Andy have his best result all year, but he also played his best tennis tactically. His backhand didn't look as attackable as it has in the past and he seemed to have better court positioning. He tried different things which was refresing. I'm really looking forward to see what else Jimmy can do with Andy. Very Happy
cheska
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 26.07.2006, 09:36:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

yeah..andy needs connors. i just wished he would listen to his coach. i still think gilbert is still the best for him..let's just hope connors will prove me wrong. Very Happy
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Yahoo Messenger
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 26.07.2006, 22:09:49    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Gilbert Accepts Murray Coach Role

Brad Gilbert will be Andy Murray's new coach and work with the Lawn Tennis Association on other projects.

The American, 44, who has worked with Andre Agassi and Andy Roddick, will join Murray at next week's Legg Mason Tennis Classic in Washington.

LTA chief executive Roger Draper said: "Brad has a world-class track record.

"He will play a central role in helping us improve our performance and success, from elite players like Andy through to our up and coming talent."

Draper stressed: "Brad will be fully focused on front-line coaching and is not a replacement for the position of performance director.

"As part of our new strategy for British tennis we want the best people in the world actually 'on the ground' helping create more tennis champions."

Gilbert, a former top-five player who won 20 singles titles, said: "I'm really looking forward to working with Andy - he is one of the most talented young players on the tour.

"I am also looking forward to working at the LTA, and it's great to see Roger Draper making changes for the benefit of British tennis."

Scot Murray said: "Back in April, I set a very high standard for what my next coach needed to have in terms of experience, and Brad meets all the requirements.

"While growing up, Agassi was one of the players I looked up to.

"He won several Grand Slams and reached number one in the world with Brad, so I am delighted to now have Brad as my coach.

"It's great to see that the new LTA are looking to bring in the best coaches in the world to help British tennis."

Murray, 19, has been without a coach since splitting with Mark Petchey last year, and his results this season have been patchy.

As well as coaching Murray, Gilbert will also work on other LTA programmes including leading junior tennis camps at under-12 and under-14 levels.

He will also work with the LTA's network of coaches and its high-performance clubs and academies.

*BBC Sport: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/5192008.stm
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 28.07.2006, 00:33:49    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I never liked Andy Murray, now I have another reason... I don't like Gilbert at all, he doesn't seem like a good person
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 28.07.2006, 02:16:25    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Aww, not a BG fan I see, Daniela Very Happy

I think Brad is a really good coach and is probably the best person for Murray. I know Brad pretty well because he's a commentator on ESPN and at first he annoyed the hell out of me because he never shut up. But over time, I grew to like him. I'm actually going to miss him *tear* His personality is over-the-top and annoying at times, but I overall think he's a pretty good guy. He loves tennis and he knows a lot about it (even through all of his weird sports analogies). Laughing
Sheva
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 29.07.2006, 18:25:11    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Daniela a écrit:
I never liked Andy Murray, now I have another reason... I don't like Gilbert at all, he doesn't seem like a good person

my thoughts exactly
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
gulzhan
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 31.07.2006, 11:19:20    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Daniela a écrit:
I don't like Gilbert at all, he doesn't seem like a good person

Since I don´t like Murray, I am not happy that Gilbert starts to coach him becasue I do believe Gilbert is a good coach! And I agree with Daniela, both have not such nice personalities, so it may be a very dangerous (for us, Richard´s fans!) union! Very Happy I hate it when someone young plays better than Richard! OK, I accept Rafa just because he can beat the King, but no more-- no Murray, no Djoko, no Bagda etc!

Has anyone heard much about why Andy stopped working with Gilbert? The question I had for over two years now-- my crazy idea-- that the fire in Rome (not sure?) changed Andy and Gilbert could not tolerate this. Just wonder if anyone thought the same! Very Happy
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Ce forum est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Tennis in general Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3  Suivante
Page 2 sur 3

Sauter vers: