· Le Best of
· Messages Privés
· Photos
· Recherches
· Sondages
· Téléchargements
· Votre Compte

Qui est online?
Il y a pour le moment 45 invité(s) et 0 membre(s) en ligne.

Vous êtes un visiteur anonyme. Vous pouvez vous enregistrer gratuitement en cliquant ici.

Language
Selectionnez la langue de l'interface:

English French

Partenaires

TennisMagazine

Le Coq Sportif

RichardGasquet.net :: Voir le sujet - US Open 2010
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

US Open 2010
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
aimee
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 04.09.2010, 23:22:25    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

hi
anyone know of a good online stream website for the us open??
amy x
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
ReeshardGaskay
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 04.09.2010, 23:27:11    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

aimee a écrit:
hi
anyone know of a good online stream website for the us open??
amy x

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/interactive/video/live.html?promo=subnav
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
aimee
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 05.09.2010, 00:47:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

i cant watch that stream as im in the UK and i wont let me Sad

anyone know of any others?

x
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
ReeshardGaskay
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 05.09.2010, 01:23:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

aimee a écrit:
i cant watch that stream as im in the UK and i wont let me Sad

anyone know of any others?

x

Sorry to hear that. How about these?

www.fromsport.com
www.channelsurfing.net
www.atdhe.net
EdbergEdberggogogo
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 05.09.2010, 05:37:46    Sujet du message: Fourth round... a fine performance for Gasquet already! Répondre en citant

Making the final 16 at the US Open is already a fine performance for Richard. This will give him a nice bump in the rankings which will help him a lot in the months to come.

I did not get to see the second match against Davydenko, but I did watch the 3rd-round match against Anderson. I thought Richard played good tennis except for the third set. He failed to return several second serves on break-point chances, and his own first serve deserted him. He won very few points off his serve in that third set. This resulted in the late loss of his serve at 4-4. He was very fortunate to break Anderson as he served for the set, hold again and then break again for the match. I hope his shoulder is not painful again, as he has had problems with it in recent months. Shoulder problems doomed him in his final at Gstaad against Almagro. He had no power at all on his serve in that match and lost in straight sets. He had no chance to beat Almagro; he knew it and played that way. Richard will have to serve well and be 100 percent fit to get the win over Monfils.

The points and prize money keep doubling with each win at the US Open. A win over Monfils would insure that Gasquet will finish the year with a ranking around #20. If he can do this, he can break into the top ten again next year.
Ney
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 05.09.2010, 08:47:52    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Omg. Omg. I’m speechless he is actually into the 4th round of a Grandslam!!!. It really seems ages ago when he last featured in the 2nd week of GS.

“Well done and good luck in the next round”. These were my actual words to him after the match. And he said “Thank you”. I saw he was very happy with the win. I thought he actually played better today. And good thing he played a tiebreak set and won it. I really admired his focus. He stayed “interested” throughout the match. The frustration when he was broken was nothing I’ve seen in a while and his reaction when he broke right back was “fierce” and sweet.

I thought the condition today also helped him. It was not as hot as the match against Davy. Cloudy and windy sometimes. Court 11 today was like “Richard’s court”. Only few people cheering for Anderson and I can tell the crowd was pro-Richard. I overheard some conversation among fans during changeovers about how he is “baby Federer” (as if we didn’t know that) and like “Federer’s younger brother” but there were still some who cannot forget the drug episode and still talked about it (shame….I wanted to offer my opinion but they were like benches away from me)…..funny moment in the match I thought was when he asked for the ball back (remember he does this often??) but this time, it was a long pause between points (because the fan wanted to keep the ball). The one I had in the video about the “ball back” was not the longest pause between points though……

Also, after seeing his 2nd and 3rd round matches and matches of other players, I can now safely conclude that he has the most disorganized “little area” at the US Open Laughing

btw, Nick Bollettieri in an interview with American Express radio called that Gasquet-Monfils match will be “the match up of the day” and was also thrilled with “Gasquet’s comeback” (who isn’t?)

Match photos: http://s693.photobucket.com/albums/vv294/Ney-Tennis/Richard%20v%20Kevin%20Anderson%20US%20Open%202010%20Round%203/?action=view&current=DSC_0002.jpg

Few vids to follow Smile
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 05.09.2010, 09:24:42    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ney a écrit:
I thought he actually played better today. And good thing he played a tiebreak set and won it.

I think so , too. I liked the serve return much more than against Davydenko. But we are in a minority. Most fans and Richard himself said that the Davydenko-matchwas better. Wink
amurti
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 05.09.2010, 10:53:55    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yes, I thought he played great tennis against Anderson, especially in the tie break of the second, and when he lost serve in the third, it seemed like he got a surge of energy and came right back to win the last 3 games in style and was totally focused. I loved how he got right back in it and did not give up. I am looking forward to his match with Monfils and hope he shows up with the same focus he showed with his match against Davydenko.

Ney, I agree with most people when they say "baby Federer" Richard has a very similar game. Now all he has to do is believe it and go out there and win the US Open. He has beaten Fed before and he can do it again. If he can just get it in his beautiful head that he is great he will win.

Also, just the thought of all those ranking points he is earning and the fact he will get into the top 20 if he wins is enough motivation to win his next match.

GOOD LUCK RICHARD - I'm thrilled with your performance at the U.S. Open, so keep it up please.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
Sheva
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 05.09.2010, 11:42:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hi guys, I'm blogging through the US Open and beyond and wrote a brief bit on Richard.
Check out my work on http://pktennis.wordpress.com/ and also have a look at http://www.tennisflip.com/ where I have several more articles.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
EdbergEdberggogogo
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 06.09.2010, 04:20:52    Sujet du message: Virtually no points in the US Open, Shanghai and Paris Répondre en citant

I don't think a win over Monfils will get Richard inside the top 20 just yet, but he should also win some matches in the two remaining Masters 1000 events in Shanghai and Paris. He has no points to defend in either event. If he can win several rounds in each of those important tournaments to add to his good results in New York, he will be in a very nice position to start the 2011 season.

But again, every extra match won at the US Open multiplies the points total. Forget about winning the tournament, just making the quarters or semis would be fabulous! It was Richard's sem-final result at Wimbledon 2007 that pushing him to #7.

Even if he goes no further, he has taken a big step in the right direction already and is moving solidly up in the rankings. 2010 is looking like a turnaround year!
tennisc
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.09.2010, 14:14:46    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Good luck, Richard!!
Have faith! Confidence! You can do this!!
mwesch
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.09.2010, 14:54:42    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Bonne Chance Richard, believe in yourself and you can do it.

Allez!
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 06.09.2010, 19:07:44    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The start was poor, far too many errors, but he got better with the match. Second and third set were a nice contrast of styles, Richard attacked the net very often, but committed quite a few errors there. And Gael was superb on the defense. In the third set, the momentom switch seemed to have happened, but Richard could not hold his break, some DFs too many brought Gael the win.

Richard's attitude was impeccable, he never looked resigned, he could smile till the very end.

Even though I thought, he could beat Gael and go even further in this tourney, I am happy with his performance at the US Open. As it has been said: It is all going in the right direction. Upwards and onwards.
Ney
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.09.2010, 19:29:54    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Puschkin a écrit:

Richard's attitude was impeccable, he never looked resigned, he could smile till the very end.

Even though I thought, he could beat Gael and go even further in this tourney, I am happy with his performance at the US Open. As it has been said: It is all going in the right direction. Upwards and onwards.

I don't think the attitude was impeccable, Puschkin. I think he did not try HARD enough. he is capable of doing more than what he showed us today. oftentimes, he played a good first point, then back it up with a loose point, pretty much the story of this match. he just cannot string it all together. he lost that one thing I really liked about him in his first 3 matches: Focus....sorry for being so negative, but that's my opinion on what I saw today. Though I agree with you that he started slow, I mean really slow....maybe because it's only 11 AM? and yes, I also thought Monfils was very beatable today....

still, a good USO performance for him though. back to the 4th R here since 2006. so yeah, step in the right direction and hope he continues on esp to the remaining masters events bringing a positive attitude out of this good overall showing at the USO.

Good exchange at the net from both at the end of the match, and glad Richard seems not very upset about this loss to a friend - even throwing a towel (playfully) at Monfils while Monfils was being interviewed. It was nice to see him so cool right after a loss.
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 06.09.2010, 19:35:08    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Ney a écrit:
I don't think the attitude was impeccable, Puschkin. I think he did not try HARD enough.

Well, he had to overcome a very poor start, when you could see his nervousness. I feel with all the shots missed and not the slightes grip at Gael's serve, he did not recover badly.
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivante
Page 4 sur 6

Sauter vers: