· Le Best of
· Messages Privés
· Photos
· Recherches
· Sondages
· Téléchargements
· Votre Compte

Qui est online?
Il y a pour le moment 167 invité(s) et 0 membre(s) en ligne.

Vous êtes un visiteur anonyme. Vous pouvez vous enregistrer gratuitement en cliquant ici.

Language
Selectionnez la langue de l'interface:

English French

Partenaires

TennisMagazine

Le Coq Sportif

RichardGasquet.net :: Voir le sujet - Articles/News about Richard
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Articles/News about Richard
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 13.12.2013, 09:31:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Against my original plans, I could not watch, only a few balls. I would not make too much from this defeat, Richard is in the middle of a physical build-up while Goffin has played quite some matches recently.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
kmaria28
Little Fan
Little Fan

MessagePosté le: 24.12.2013, 14:47:38    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Merry christmas to everyone !
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail
amurti
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.01.2014, 03:09:13    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL HERE - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SHARE RICHARD'S 2014 SCHEDULE - THANKS IN ADVANCE
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
civ3
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.01.2014, 03:10:31    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

We know Rotterdam and Montpellier at this stage. To tell everyone the truth, I don't know how this year will go for Richard
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 07.01.2014, 08:58:03    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Richard is scheduled to play Thompson who replaced Hewitt at the Kooyong exhibition on Wednesday.

Source: http://www.aamiclassic.com.au/Draw-Results
tami
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 09.01.2014, 13:41:25    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

apologies for the late update - but i thought it is better late than never to give you guys a quick post regarding gasquet's performance at kooyong yesterday.

i've never been to this exhibition tournament before, it certainly has the airs of prestige and history to it! it was quite a cosy set-up, which is good for tennis aficionados to really get close to the action....but there were quite a few corporate boxes and presidential suites as well, and unfortunately i'm not really sure if some of the people there were really keen on the tennis than just the atmosphere of enjoying a sporting day out. this context is important to understand in a way.

it was also nice to see gasquet seeming quite relaxed, out of the private players' area, enjoying a game of cards and some food with his entourage in a little quiet corner of the main lawn before his match. he went mostly unnoticed, except for maybe people desperately scrounging for a spare space at random tables during lunch time..uh-hmm... :/

BUT to the match - gasquet seemed not to be as fluid in his movements from the beginning. i was fortunate to be sitting in the second row from the service line, towards the T, and was able to see the strength of shots and placement the players went for, as well as their reactions. whilst he could perform the forehands relatively smoothly at the start, his service and backhand movements seemed rather jarred. he could perform these movements, but he didn't seem to twist as far back to his left as he normally would when preparing for his backhands, and did not seem to follow smoothly through at the end of the shot. it seemed as though he was trying to generate most of his pace and power for his shot through his upper limbs rather than his torso.

the result - well, the scoreline with repetitive ad service games from his racquet really reflected on the lack of effect of his service, and particularly his trusty backhand. the placement was there, but there was no speed or adequate power in his shots most of the time, allowing his opponent to get to the ball a lot easier.

as the match progressed on, gasquet attempted to generate some power and ease his back discomfort by trying to throw his body into the position more through his lower body and hips, particularly in serving, which i felt contributed quite a bit to his horrendous foot fault count.

it was a really painful match to watch, because it was quite noticeable to me that gasquet was hampered by his back, and he was hurting more from it as the match continued. i think it affected his approach to the match itself as well, at times he tried to rush too much, push too hard to finish a rally, resulting in many unforced errors. at a point late in the second set, he actually commented to seb and paul that he was hurting everywhere as he was repeating his strike motions. that comment made me feel terrible for him, truly.

i'm not sure whether the commentators made any significant observations regarding the back, or whether it was obvious to other viewers on TV, but the spectators at the site were definitely not aware of it. they were very happy with how the aussie youngster was hanging in there with a top 10 ATP player, and was understandably cheering heartily when the second set went in jordan thompson's favour. yet some of the cheering started to turn a bit ugly, because there were loud comments yelled of "come on, gasquet, wake up !!" and "yeah, thomo, go get him!"

i don't mind people cheering, but seriously, some of the stuff was a little bit unfair, and there were moments where i really felt like walking up to those people and telling them to actually pay attention to the match, because then they'd maybe SEE that gasquet was fighting hard despite being unable to MOVE his torso.

but kudos to the new gasquet - late in the third set, when some of the ch/jeering got too much from the courtside presidential suite (where i was sitting adjacent to), he actually walked towards one of the loudmouths, extended his racquet towards him, and asked, "would you like to come down and play instead?"

i know it's been done before, but it was classic - AND effective!

i'm glad gasquet gritted it through for the win, and he was very gracious in his post-match comments too. credit must be given to the aussie youngster for playing with nothing to lose, and for sure to win a wildcard to the aus open, he's got to have some game. yet from what i could see from the match, if gasquet was not hampered, the score line would be closer to the 6-1 7-5 result against youzhny today.

having a medical background, seeing this match was really quite a concerning ordeal. sometimes with musculoskeletal injuries, there may be an option to rest for a few days, then start moving again in order to build the supporting structures around the injured area to strengthen it and reduce recovery time. however, this was definitely not the case with gasquet yesterday - the symptoms only seemed to increase as the match progressed. perhaps gasquet and his team had to try to find a balance between getting some competition level matches after the off-season, and resting the back injury. i do hope that the day off he had today will help him and his team decide the best way to approach the situation.

despite the heart-wrenching nature of the match - there were moments where i felt the first sensations of hot tears of indignation building up at my eyes, luckily no tears actually fell - i was so impressed with the sheer grit and determination gasquet had to get through the match. it was clear to me that he was not physically 100%, i'm not even sure if he was 50%, and that would definitely play on him psychologically also. yet he managed to keep most of it under wraps, well, at least to most of the spectators present, who just put his performance level down to how awesome his opponent was, and the fact that he was just not in the match. but being there at the stadium, i can truly say he fought hard, and he rose to the occasion the best he could.....he could've retired at any moment, and i'm sure he was tempted at points, but he didn't, and even if it may be a little wreckless, i respect him for that.

this perseverance and maturity is definitely building on to a better gasquet 2014, i hope !!

...sorry for the essay, but after reading all the aussie media reports about the match, i felt quite indignant and had to say something in response, if only on this forum. i think gasquet is ok with people underestimating him, it can work towards flying under the radar, but at the same time, i felt he deserved a lot more credit than he was given for his efforts yesterday.

will be heading out to kooyong again tomorrow, let's see if he'll play in the match against gilles then Smile
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 09.01.2014, 13:53:17    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

tami a écrit:
...sorry for the essay,

No need to apologize, quite the contrary, thanks for such a long report.

Watching on a stream was similar, it was plain to see that Richard was hampered on serve and that his BH was far from normal. However, some FHs were quite stunning.

My commentator (I don't know who he was) also spoke a lot about the great play from Thompson, but made an occasional reference to Richard being injured in Doha.

Richard was rather pessimistic in a short video on the l'Equipe-site, but so far he has not withdrawn from Kooyong, he is on the OOP for Friday. Honestly, I am not sure what to make from all this, I simply do not understand why he continues playing. It makes me sad seeing him like that.
amurti
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 09.01.2014, 16:26:50    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

tami a écrit:
apologies for the late update - but i thought it is better late than never to give you guys a quick post regarding gasquet's performance at kooyong yesterday.
Smile

Wow, thank you so much for this so positive update. I felt like crying whilst reading for Richard. Please update again if you get to watch the match with Simon. I agree with Puschkin that it is surprising he is playing with pain when I think he probably should have retired, especially with the AO coming up.

Anyway, please update after Richard's match today vs Simon. Thank you again for taking the time to write us, Richard's fans, here.
Oh, if I had heard anyone insulting Richard whilst playing Injured it would have been hard for me too to just listen, but happy Richard went over to confront these ignorant people. I hope Richard wins today.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Adresse AIM
DBR
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 09.01.2014, 16:31:24    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

tami a écrit:

Tami, thanks very much for such an excellent and detailed report. Smile

I could see Richard was struggling but I didn't realise just how much pain he was in. That is really sad to hear. Sad I also didn't realise how bad the crowd were, just watching it on TV. I would have loved to see that guy's face when Richard walked up to him and offered him his racquet. Good on Richard for doing that. My commentator didn't even know Richard was injured and only noticed it late in the match, which was really annoying. But as you say, Richard did incredibly well to save match points and grind out the win.

He was practising at the Aussie open courts today (on his off day) which I was a bit surprised at, after such a hard match. I guess they all feel that he needs to keep moving/ practising/ playing through the pain, but I'm still very confused by that approach. He and the team are very experienced though, so hopefully they've chosen the right way to treat this injury.

Anyway, thanks again for such a great report. Hope you (and Richard, if he plays) have a better experience tomorrow.

For the people asking about schedule, this is what Richard has committed to, so far - but of course the injury may affect all of this. We just have to wait and see... thanks to ImmzB on MTF for the list...

13/01/2014 - Week 3: Australian Open - Grand Slam (Hard)
20/01/2014 - Week 4: Australian Open - Grand Slam (Hard)
27/01/2014 - Week 5: Davis Cup (Indoor clay, in France)
04/02/2014 - Week 6: Montpellier - ATP 250 (Indoor Hard)
11/02/2014 - Week 7: Rotterdam - ATP 500 (Indoor Hard)
18/02/2014 - Week 8: Marseille - ATP 250 (Indoor Hard)
civ3
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 10.01.2014, 01:37:42    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Great review! I love Richard's humour...'do you want to play for me?' So good. Some Australian commentators are shocking, I heard some rude ones too. 'Richard has a pretty benign serve and not many weapons'
Colette
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 12.01.2014, 15:59:21    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

good luck , Richie for tomorrow . hope you are feel well and strong, come on Richie Very Happy

Allez !!!!
civ3
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 13.01.2014, 14:01:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Hey guys, did anyone see Rich's match today?
Puschkin

MessagePosté le: 13.01.2014, 14:48:52    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

civ3 a écrit:
Hey guys, did anyone see Rich's match today?

I did, to me Richard still seems not 100 %, notably on the BH, but the serve is getting better, 12 aces and some of them in the 190 km/h range even if L'Equipe falsely writes that his fastest serve was 186 km/h. Evil or Very Mad

Overall not a great match, but there was no need as Guez was rather poor. Richard was more aggressive in the third set, notably on Guez' weak 2nd serve and it was rewarded.
civ3
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 14.01.2014, 03:41:35    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

That's good, hopefully Richard picks up through the week. Davydenko will be a good next test
tami
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 14.01.2014, 04:12:00    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

watching the match courtside yesterday was less agonising than the experience at the kooyong exhibition last week, where played against jordan thompson. it was less crowded for a first day at the open compared to other years, but that was more pleasant in a way, because it was absolutely scorching out there and being bunched up like sardines in the stadium would've been very uncomfortable.

....but that could not compare with the heat on the court, i'm guessing, and it seemed to me that gasquet was bothered by that - or aware of it more in the second set, where he started to try and rush things a bit.

whilst he looked better in his movements compared with last week, he was still not playing to the form even for this time last year, where there was a little bit of the yips going on. his serve was more consistent, but the backhand was still a little bit tentative, which i think is something he will need to get back being confident and comfortable again (after all, the injury he'd come here with was affecting to the left of his mid-back, so it would hamper him whenever he prepared for this shot). this was definitely evident in the second set and moments in the third, and gasquet seemed to push a little bit harder to get through the match so he could get it sorted out. i'm guessing the anti-inflammatories he took, and the passive stretching exercises at the change of ends were just to help loosen things, though his team looked a little concerned when he was stretching quite a bit, but he gestured to them it was nothing serious.

i think gasquet did what was needed to get through the match, and spending just under two hours in the heat was probably a good test. there were some awesome winners from all parts of the court, and the thing i liked about seeing his play in the last 12 months is his continued perseverance and focus to get through matches whether he is leading, or his level is dipping, or it's one of those bad days at work. he also has the talent of knowing the geometry of the court really well, and using it with the variety of his shots. and i am really looking forward to seeing him build on that this week, and as the year progresses on, when his rhythm is back in order. there were glimpses of that in this match, so i'm hopefuly.

he will, however, be ready to move for his next round match against davydenko. yes, davydenko's match went the distance and he is older now, but seeing the tail end of that match yesterday showed this guy can still get balls back consistently, and if he gains any momentum, he will make gasquet move....particularly as it has been noted that he has had issues of late. and the heat, well, i'm not really sure if this new outfit of his is really doing anything in terms of sweat absorption or whatever, but after the first set, gasquet's shorts looked like a cut out black garbage bag flapping around his thighs....the changerooms are a wee walk from this court, so perhaps he did not want to change them, but if it's similar to the stuff his shirt is made of, well, i think the people at le coq sportif should really get back to the drawing board and think about some improvements......this guys sweats, a LOT !!!!

i would have to agree that gasquet doesn't have the abdominal physique as some of his contemporaries on the tour, but i have to say from the glimpses i saw this year, he's a lot trimmer in general - and in that region - than i've seen for a few years now. even if he is a belly breather.

also as an aside (sorry, i do tend to waffle on about stuff rather than the technicalities of tennis), there seems to be quite a bit more press for gasquet this year in aus, perhaps his agent is really trying to promote his new partnership with le coq sportif, or just try to promote gasquet in general. let's hope that it will not be too distracting from his tennis.

i'm so glad to read all the in-depth analyses from gasquet supporters throughout the world here on this forum, you guys have such knowledge of the game, i feel there's very little i can contribute here, i'm in awe. but as i love the aus open, and will be heading out for sessions this week, i'll update more if you guys would like. unfortunately, i'm a bit shy so i may not be as brave as some of you guys who would approach gasquet and his team for a chat, but other than that, happy to report any tidbits i come across regarding him !!

hope you are all enjoying watching the open, wherever you all may be !! and for those going out to the tournament - hope you have ways to keep cool and hydrated !!
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Richard Gasquet Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... , 58, 59, 60  Suivante
Page 59 sur 60

Sauter vers: