· Le Best of
· Messages Privés
· Photos
· Recherches
· Sondages
· Téléchargements
· Votre Compte

Qui est online?
Il y a pour le moment invité(s) et membre(s) en ligne.

Vous êtes un visiteur anonyme. Vous pouvez vous enregistrer gratuitement en cliquant ici.

Language
Selectionnez la langue de l'interface:

English French

Partenaires

TennisMagazine

Le Coq Sportif

RichardGasquet.net :: Voir le sujet - About Davis Cup
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

About Davis Cup
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Suivante

Ce forum est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Tennis in general
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 15.09.2006, 02:10:53    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

gulzhan a écrit:
Sorry, Sinead, did not mean to hurt your feelings when I wrote that surely Russia will win... Embarassed Of course, anything can happen! Wink

Turst me, you didn't hurt my feelings one bit. I'm just be realistic. I think that the Bryans will win their doubles match, but other than that I don't know. Maybe the US can score a win in a singles match, but two wins is highly unlikely.

If Russia does win, then I will be rooting for them in the final no matter who they play Cool
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
Blueskye
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 15.09.2006, 11:45:49    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I definitely think it will be a thight meeting between Russia and USA, it could really go either way, but in the end I believe Russia will win Exclamation . Just looking at the way Youzhny played at the us open, it clearly shows that he is in form, and then they've got Safin and Tursonv, Davydenko etc...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
gulzhan
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 15.09.2006, 12:47:19    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sweet4Richard a écrit:

If Russia does win, then I will be rooting for them in the final no matter who they play Cool

Cool, Sinead! I like to have a company Very Happy (since Dany and Paul have joined into a team! Wink )!

Vamos, Russia! Very Happy
just_ibeth
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 16.09.2006, 00:10:55    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

sure...russia will be very hard..

and marat will be there!!!

cool!!!

also to see...argentina and australia..this
lleyton thing with the security...mmm Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
cheska
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 21.09.2006, 13:33:57    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

sorry guys, but i'm not really familiar with davis cup..i was just wondering why france isn't playing in the playoffs round? i visited the davis cup site and saw that germany is playing thailand...i thought germany already lost? i got confused. Laughing

i'm sorry, this is really embarassing. Embarassed
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Yahoo Messenger
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 21.09.2006, 16:20:34    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

In Davis Cup, if you lose 1st round in the World Group you have to play a tie in September to gain re-entry back into the World Group for the next year. Since Germany lost 1st round they have to play Thailand. Whoever wins that tie, will have a spot in the World Group for 2007.

France beat Germany in the 1st round, then lost to Russia in the quaterfinals. Since France made the quaterfinals they are already guaranteed a spot in the World Group for next year.

Right now, the four semifinalist teams (USA, Russia, Australia, and Argentina) and the teams that lost in the quaterfinals (Croatia, France, Belarus, and Chile) are already in the World Cup draw for next year. The other eight places have to be filled by either:

Thailand-Germany
Mexico-Austria
Spain-Italy
Netherlends-Czech Republic
Switzerland-Serbia &Montenegro
Romania-Korea
Slovak Republic-Belgium
Sweden-Brazil

I hope that makes sense and I didn't confuse you even more. Laughing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Australia vs. Agentina

David Nalbandian (ARG) v Mark Philippoussis (AUS)
Jose Acasuso (ARG) v Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)
Agustin Calleri/David Nalbandian (ARG) v Wayne Arthurs/Paul Hanley (AUS)
David Nalbandian (ARG) v Lleyton Hewitt (AUS)
Jose Acasuso (ARG) v Mark Philippoussis (AUS)

USA vs. Russia

Marat Safin (RUS) v Andy Roddick (USA)
Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) v James Blake (USA)
Dmitry Tursunov/Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) v Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan (USA)
Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) v Andy Roddick (USA)
Marat Safin (RUS) v James Blake (USA)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 22.09.2006, 02:12:40    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I can't wait!!!
There's a lot of comments here with all the "Hewitt thing"
He said people here treats him really good (that's because he's not staying at the hotel I work Laughing just kidding). He was nice to the kids during Kids Day, but He doesn't even say Hi to the Argentinian team and well, David/Chucho/Juan/Agustin don't say Hi either.
The thing is only with him, I can't wait to see how people is going to react, because there's not a single problem with the other guys on the Australian team.
And I remember when I went to see DC against Czech Republic and everyone (including me) was clapping the Czech team, everyone loves Novak... I mean, how can you dislike him? (and yes, of course I was really happy to see Berdych live even if I wanted him to lose).
But with Australia is going to be soo different, but it's just because of Hewitt... weird, He's an awesome player, and I dislike him so much...

VAMOS ARGENTINA!!!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daniela

MessagePosté le: 23.09.2006, 00:10:28    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Russian Captain's gamble pays off as the USA get bogged down in clay
http://www.daviscup.com/news/matchreport.asp?id=13856

Nalbandian gives Argentina lead, Acasuso v Hewitt suspended overnight
http://www.daviscup.com/news/matchreport.asp?id=13861

* www.daviscup.com

I thought that USA - Russia was going to be 1-1 at the end of the day but I didn't see anything of the tie, I'll have to check 1am sportscenter highlights when I come back home Confused

I think that everyone in the crowd here was mean to Hewitt, poor guy Laughing
but OK... I won't complain, DC is not the same than other tournaments, Vilas said that this is a "football country" so it's really different (true!).
David was born to play Davis Cup, it's all I have to say, he wasn't playing very good lately and ok, he didn't do an excellent match, but he played his tennis, he was concentrated, and his return shots worked perfect!
I had to leave for work before Chucho started to play against Hewitt Sad and I wanted to see that match!!!
So I followed the scores online, and it was like "damn!!!"... "yes!!!"... "f*ck!!!" "yes!!! go Chucho!"... "Oh my God Chucho is 4-0... no please, noooo rain ¬¬"
So... the match is going to continue tomorrow, I hope Chucho can finish it soon and win Smile , that way it would be easier to play doubles, not the same pressure.
Diego Maradona in the crowd:
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/09/22/um/fotos/nalb6.jpg

The weekend isn't over: Vamos Argentina!!!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
just_ibeth
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 23.09.2006, 01:57:10    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

MARAT WON!!!

yupyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

he woonn....
yes..

and to andy!!!-jajajja Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

russia is leading then 2-0

miakel won too...
Forever1Gasquet
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 23.09.2006, 02:45:13    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Excellent going Marat won. Must confess though, I do like Roddick. Just have a preference for Marat is all. He's my second favorite tennis player.

Sincerely Yours, Forever1Gasquet:)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur
cheska
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 23.09.2006, 02:53:59    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Sweet4Richard a écrit:

I hope that makes sense and I didn't confuse you even more. Laughing

thanks so much! now it all makes sense. Laughing

i'm not surprised that USA is trailing right now..it's on clay! andy really cannot play on clay. Laughing apart from andy, i'm cheering for the USA because they're the underdogs...especially in this type of surface. but hopefully they'll turn things around. Wink and i definitely wouldn't mind seeing argentina in the finals. Smile
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Yahoo Messenger
Forever1Gasquet
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 23.09.2006, 03:10:16    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

It's quite apparent that clay isn't exactly the best surface for the americans to play on. Since I am from the United States of America, it's natural to root for them. As I've stated earlier, I do prefer Safin over Roddick.I can't be a complete turncoat now can I...Actually, it's not such a bad thing to be the underdogs, because it's rather easy to underestimate them. Which, in turn makes for many elements of danger on the tennis court.

Sincerely Yours, Forever1Gasquet:0)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Visiter le site web du posteur
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 23.09.2006, 03:29:50    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I can't really say I'm surprised that the US is down 2-0. I won't lie though I was expecting Andy to win a set at least and the matches be closer. I got to see the matches which was good (even though it was on tape delay). Its disappointing seeing the US lose, but Russia is such a strong team on alll surfaces. Even if the US had home court advantage, Russia would still probably have a good shot of winning. Oh well... come on Bob and Mike!!!! Very Happy

Btw, its so nice to see Marat playing well again. Cool
Forever1Gasquet
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 23.09.2006, 03:59:32    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Btw, its so nice to see Marat playing well again.

Indeed, it's quite wonderful to see Mr. Safin executing his game perfectly Smile Good for him Very Happy

Sincerely Yours, Forever1Gasquet:0)
Blueskye
Mega Fan
Mega Fan

MessagePosté le: 23.09.2006, 10:41:51    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Yay! I'm also so happy to see Marat back in winning ways Very Happy ! I did believe beforehand that Russia would be the stronger team, but I thought that Davydenko would be the one playing as he has been the more consistent player lately. But I am so happy that Marat got the chance to prove himself! Anyway, it's not over yet, USA still have the Bryans in Doubles and then there will be 2 more singles matches on Sunday, so it could still turn in favour of the USA. But I would still pick Russia as the winners on Sunday Wink . As for Australia vs Argentina, if Lleyton doesn't come around to win the match against Acasuco after the rain delay, I don't think Australia can recover from being down 0-2...

Dernière édition par Blueskye le 23.09.2006, 18:26:45; édité 1 fois
Ce forum est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Tennis in general Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Suivante
Page 14 sur 17

Sauter vers: