· Le Best of
· Messages Privés
· Photos
· Recherches
· Sondages
· Téléchargements
· Votre Compte

Qui est online?
Il y a pour le moment 158 invité(s) et 0 membre(s) en ligne.

Vous êtes un visiteur anonyme. Vous pouvez vous enregistrer gratuitement en cliquant ici.

Language
Selectionnez la langue de l'interface:

English French

Partenaires

TennisMagazine

Le Coq Sportif

RichardGasquet.net :: Voir le sujet - About Davis Cup
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

About Davis Cup
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Suivante

Ce forum est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Tennis in general
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
fab13
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.07.2005, 15:03:04    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Very Happy Good news for France: Safin will not play against france and Davydenko maybe too, french team is lucky and maybe will wink, I hope for richard. It will be a graet present for me after my birthday if France win against Russia.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
cheska
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.07.2005, 15:25:15    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

that's really good news for france... Laughing has richard ever won a rubber? this will be a really good chance for him to get that win... Very Happy

the tie won't be as interesting as it was before, though...
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Yahoo Messenger
priscila
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.07.2005, 16:17:38    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

now france was more chances to win.yes!!!!!!
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé MSN Messenger
bonita
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.07.2005, 18:13:10    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

*and the tiny voice, trying to break through all the French-cheerers*:

Go, Russia! Very Happy

*but having thought a while*:

Go France lead by Richy!

*eventually*:

make Richard play for Russia and I won't have to be torn in two pieces Smile
lol
litchis
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 06.07.2005, 22:45:05    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

May the better team win! Wink But i really hope Richard grab at least a win!
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 01:36:39    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

This is Richard's first ever Davis Cup tie so this is all new for him.

Safin pulls out of Davis Cup tie

Marat Safin has withdrawn from Russia's team to take on France in the Davis Cup quarter-finals in Moscow on 15-17 July.
The Australian Open champion is set to undergo minor surgery on his left knee to repair a tear in his ligament, and will be replaced by Igor Andreev.

There are also doubts over Nikolay Davydenko, who pulled out of the Gstaad event this week with a wrist injury.

France will be without Sebastien Grosjean after he asked not to be considered because of fatigue.

Richard Gasquet, Arnaud Clement, Michael Llodra, Paul-Henri Mathieu and reserve Gael Monfils make up the squad.

Russia skipper Shamil Tarpishchev also has Mikhail Youzhny and Teimuraz Gabashvili in his line-up.

The contest will be the first meeting between the sides since Paris in 2002 when Russia defeated France 3-2 to secure their first Davis Cup.

Allez France Very Happy

Also, Mark P. is not playing for Australia. He withdrew last week I believe. Its going to be tough for Argentina either way.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
lauren_ms_99
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 01:41:12    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

hmm....I like France's team a lot. I can't wait to see how good Gasquet and Monfils get...even though they're both fantastic at the moment Razz
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bonita
Fan
Fan

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 07:25:46    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I wonder if they let Monfils play singles... *scratches head* (I really lack emotion smileys! Surprised )
Suzi
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 10:00:57    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Well I think hes just like a reserve *thinks* so if they need him will use him but not a major part of the team, i know not making sense but raaa thats wot i read anyway
cheska
Master Fan
Master Fan

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 11:57:02    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

i think that gael's fans would be praying that france takes a 3-1 by the third day..Laughing

i wish i could watch the ties...it seems more exciting than watching the first week of grand slams...the crowd seems to be more into it...i wish i could watch!!! Crying or Very sad
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web du posteur Yahoo Messenger
Suzi
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 19:08:58    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

From http://www.fft.fr/cd2005/Russie-Fra...ault.asp?ID=687

Gasquet:"A dream come true"(07/07)
At 19, the new French number one will make his first steps in the Davis Cup for the quarter final against Russia in Moscow. Very awaited debuts for the young hope, transformed since the beginning of the year, who believes strongly in France chances.

What is the difference between this year's Richard Gasquet and last years?
I'm simply one year older, that's all! I questioned everything i had done last year even if i had a correct/not too bad season in 2004 with a final and a semi-final on the main circuit. (SF in Buenos Aires and F in Metz) This year, i trained a lot (more...understood). In fact my illness at the beginning of the year gave me the opportunity to ask myself the good questions about what i had to change and to come back with a lot of will to do well. Then, everything followed and went very well. But i can't put my finger on one thing in particular that could explain the good results...

Still, this chicken-pox stroke you at the worst moment, didn't it?
It's sure that if i haven't had catched this chicken-pox, the good results would have come earlier, i think, because i was finally beginning to play well last december when that happened. Bad luck, really. It costed me three months of abscence.

"I became aware of some things"

How do you explain your breakthrough?
I knew i could have the tennistic level required but i became aware of some things...

Which things?
That i needed to will to win, to fight, to give my best in trainings/practises. For the first time you could say, I prepared myself with a lot of application. And because i managed not too bad in the tennis department, the combination of the two made that the work paid off and the results followed.
I changed my attitude during matches too.

But, was there a precise thing that triggered it?
No. It was more in the continuity (of my work, of what i had decided to change before, in 2004). After my win over Federer, i understood a lot of things, notably that i could beat a lot of players if i give myself the means to do it. But nothing precise triggered it. I put myself in question everyday anyway.

"I have a "capital" of confidence that i hadn't before"

What are the differences between the way you used to enter a court last season and now?
Simply that now, no matter the player in front of me, i always enter the court to win. Last year, i could face great players without thinking i could win. Today, it's not the case any more. I have a "capital" (an amount ) of confidence i had not in the past.

What does Eric Deblicker bring you comparing to the other coaches you had the opportunity to know in the past?He brings me a lot of calm and experience. He's someone who coached a lot of players and made them win. We also speak a lot about what i must do on the court.

Do you feel you have grown up?
Yes, of course. I have learned a lot over these last two years. And because of that, today i know what i have to do on the court in whatever situation i can find myself in. At 19, i begin to have a little experience, which is really important/really matters.

"I have a good relationship with the other French players"

Did the fact that your father, who, until a few months, was very present at your side, has left you more alone, change something?
No. It's true that he doesn't travel with me at all anymore. That's a decision we took together with Eric. But it just came pretty naturally.

What kind of relationship do you keep with the other French players?
They're all good friends of mine. It's nice that since the time i began to play on the main circuit, our relationship is good. And i don't have more friends since i began to win more!

Which player do you feel closer to?
I get on well with the players of my club, the PJB (Paris Jean Bouin), like "Paulo" (Paul-Henri Mathieu) and Gaël (Monfils).

"I would never have imagined being 17th in the ranking"

Did you hope for a selection in the Davis Cup team although you had a very difficult beginning of the year?
Yes i hoped to participate in a Davis Cup tie. But i would never have imagined doing it as a 17th ranked player.

Is it the fulfillment of a childhood dream for you?
Absolutely! It's a competition you want to win one day.

What does the Davis Cup really represents for you?
For me, the Davis Cup it's the memories of 1991 (victory of the French team over the USA's team in Lyon) and 1996 (victory of the French team over the Swedish team in Malmö). It's the team spirit, the sharing of unique moments with good friends, with the crowd. Playing a Davis Cup tie is fabulous and i really hope i'll win it one day.

"I was kind of expecting to be selected"

What kind of relationship do you have with Guy Forget?

A very good one. We don't know each other very well but enough to say everything will go really fine between us.

Did Guy Forget talk to you about the Davis Cup before?
No, never.

How did you learn about your selection?
Guy phoned me at the end of last week. But i wasn't very surprised because i was kind of expecting to be selected.

"A memory? The 2002 final."

Do you appreciate having someone on the chair when you play?
Yes. It doesn't bother me at all. / I don't mind at all.

Does it relieve you of some pressure that your first tie "in blue"/as a "Bleu" takes place in Russia and not at home?
I'm especially happy to be in the team. To play abroad or at home doesn't change anything for me in terms of pressure.

What is for you, THE Davis Cup memory that comes first to your mind?
It will especially be the encounters that i could attend, like the 2002 final in Bercy or the semi-final the same year in Roland-Garros. I also remember watching the 1999 final. Before, i was too young.

"Every surface suits me"

Was the Davis Cup a part of your objectives/goals at the beginning of the season?
I had no precise goal at the beginning of the season, so no. But i'm happy to play it now.

The choice of the clay to play this tie must please you...
No, not particularly because i think i can play well on every surface. I don't give a damn because every surface suits me.

What are the keys for a success in Moscow?
We will simply have to play very well and to really have a huge will to win. But i have no doubt in that department.
Sweet4Richard

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 20:35:15    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Thanks Very Happy

btw, http://www.fft.fr/cd2005/Russie-France/default.asp?page=3
The FFT's site for Davis Cup
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM
lauren_ms_99
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 20:43:30    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Fabulous interview...but a little too fluent to be genuinely cute, lol.

And great pics! I love seeing him....*sigh*Razz
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Envoyer l'e-mail Adresse AIM Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Suzi
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 22:02:14    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

well originally it was in french but someone else translated it! Razz
lauren_ms_99
Super fan
Super fan

MessagePosté le: 07.07.2005, 22:54:24    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I assumed someone translated it, lol. But it's just so much more fun to read when it's him speaking English, hehehe. But no matter what, it's always fun seeing what the players have to say about themselves and everyone else. I love the interviews. It's always nice for a new perspective.
Ce forum est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas poster, ni répondre, ni éditer les sujets.   Ce sujet est verrouillé, vous ne pouvez pas éditer les messages ou faire de réponses.    RichardGasquet.net Index du Forum -> Tennis in general Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Suivante
Page 3 sur 17

Sauter vers: